Act Local, Shop Global: 5 European Designers You Should Know
Fashion is more accessible than ever, from all around the World. With social media (and the internet), trend setters from London have access to New York fashion and trend setters in New York can easily shop fashions from Tokyo, and so on. Fashion is a global language that anyone and everyone can speak.
So, it’s really no surprise if you’re watching the runway or scoping the street for latest fashion trends, you’ll see a mix of influences and styles from all over the globe. Although, the fashion weeks of the World, (including ‘the Big Four‘) have come to a pause until next season, here are 5 European designers you should know. These five designers are not only making their mark in the fashion World, but they are distinctive, talented and we’re sure you’ll be seeing and hearing more about them in the future.
(photo by @ekaterinabezborodko)
- Designer Name: Anouki Areshidze
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
- Why you should know: It takes a certain type of woman to wear ANOUKI. This woman is unafraid to experiment, bold and takes risks. These qualities reflect ANOUKI’s collections in ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, pre-collections, capsule collaborations, worldwide.
- Designer Names: Natia Chkhartishvili and Tamar Svanidze
- Location: London, UK
- Why you should know: Eshvi, means ‘fang’ in Georgian and is generally understood to be a good luck charm. The sister-in-law duo behind Eshvi offers jewelry to boldly compliment any outfit or mood with unique colors and playfulness . While the designers had several branded shops in Tbilisi, Georgia, they eventually moved their talents to London to fill a void in the costume jewelry market.
- Designer Name: Anastazio Kotsopoulos
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Why you should know: Anastazio Kotsopoulos is considered one of the youngest jewelry artists in Greece. With world-class, finely crafted jewelry inspired by both the beauty of Ancient Greece and symbols, it’s apparent that this is just not any fine jewelry label. Anastazio offers high luxury pieces for the woman who is unique, dynamic, timeless and beautiful.
- Designer Names: Jessica & Nicole
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Why you should know: With the warmer months ahead, Kore’ is a brand worth knowing for their beautiful collections of resort and swimwear – designed in Italy and made in India. Kore’ Collection offers distinctive pieces in limited quantities with vibrant prints in natural fabrics like silk chiffon, crepe and silk satins. Kore’ means future: every inspiration and theme from the collection is reinterpreted in a modern way. The various vibrant collection from Kore’ is by no doubt designed for the modern girl who lives life in color.
- Designer Names: Carianne Moore and Mike Harding
- Location: London, UK
- Why you should know: Carianne Moore is the epitome of a global fashion brand. The duo behind Carianne Moore offers a combination of traditional craftsmanship, innovative techniques and sourced materials from around the world to create luxury, high quality and versatile handbags. Carianne’s current SS16 collection offers bright, playful bags inspired by the Mexican wildfire, which can easily transition as a piece to wear at an event, run an errand or at the office.
All our designer picks can be shopped, right here on Runway 2 Street without catching a plane! Checkout all the other fabulous Runway2Street other designers and brands from all over the World, here.